Monday, January 18, 2010

disneyland

untitled-18.jpg
Looking down the driveway of our hotel--- Benson said when we came up to it, "Mommy, are we staying in a sky scraper?!


untitled-17.jpg
SO excited waiting for the shuttle to Disneyland

untitled-16.jpg
Would not look at the camera for anything. There's a train!

untitled-15.jpg
If you could only see Benson's face...

untitled-14.jpg
Looking pensive over pepperoni

untitled-13.jpg

untitled-12.jpg
First of about 6,000 rides on the teacups. We were this excited every. single. time.
untitled-11.jpg

untitled-10.jpg
Did you even know Disneyland had a carousel? They do. Kids love it.

untitled-9.jpg
This is what I got for prompting him to smile.

untitled-8.jpg
I don't know why but this photo makes me want to say, "MMMERP!"

untitled-6.jpg
Big thunder mountain. Benson loved this one (as shown by the hand raised in the air and not death gripping the seat belt thingy).

untitled-5.jpg

untitled-4.jpg
Banks would not go into the whale's mouth for anything, so Benson and I went alone.

untitled-3.jpg
Bubbles at the Pixar parade were one of the highlights of the trip. Bubbles!

untitled-2.jpg
Banks was very enthused about Sea World. See? That kid is EXCITED!

untitled-1.jpg
And last but not least, this one is entitled "What I Wouldn't Give to Go Back In Time and Tell Myself to Turn Back on the Auto Focus." Blast! It gets published anyway for the amazing potential of actually having both kids looking at the camera AND smiling at the same time! It was never meant to be, I guess.

So, I finally got around to editing and posting pictures from our trip. I went a little nuts on the editing of some of them, but I was feeling artistic tonight. Anyway our little holiday to Cali was our first real family vacation. It was awesome. I'll spare everyone the deets and just give a few highlights:

  • I have never seen our kids more excited to stay in a hotel. We could see the pool from our room and they thought it was the greatest "skyscraper" ever.
  • having to hold our hands over the kids ears and eyes so we could go on Pirates one more time
  • both kids screaming in absolute terror at the 3D movie about bugs, and running from it 3 minutes in because they were screaming so loudly
  • Benson's excitement at going on his first roller coaster and loving it
  • Banks giggling and shouting on the tea cups
  • the seagull who dive bombed me, bit my thumb, and stole Benson's pizza at Sea World, as well as the 5 who preformed a Monty Pythonish skit by working together to fly off with our whole bag of popcorn
  • Banks saying, "I like this!" one second and then the next shouting, "I do not like this!" because he got scared
  • the magic of the whole thing. Best. Vacation. Ever. Taking kids to Disneyland is one of the best perks of parenthood.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUN! Your boys are so handsome. Love the pics!

Stephanie said...

ahhhh i love disneyland. LOVE IT! and your shirt is great. why do ya always gotta wear the best clothes, hmmmmmmm?

Melissa Lasley said...

What beautiful pictures of such beautiful boys!

Anonymous said...

Someday I hope to also enjoy this wonderland with our family!!! Looks and sounds like you guys enjoyed every minute of it! I am glad you got to go! Yay for amusement parks!!! and cute pictures of your handsome little men!

laura d said...

awww so worth the wait! And the shamoo pic is alright, there's plenty of photos in our past that are blurry and we still love em!

melissa said...

your photo skillz are getting so good! and those chillins, they're funny even silently from photos.

Caity said...

I absolutely love every single picture! It sounds awesome. I can't wait to take my kids someday!

Ruth Peterson said...

You are so right--it is a fab perk of parenthood! I am making plans to get to Disneyland next year with the B-man--we are all so excited just to see him enjoy it! Glad you had such a great time and felt well enough to manage the teacups! :)

Emmy said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a wonderful trip, expect that Seagul! Holy cow, I would be freaking out.. saw the movie the Birds once.. yeah, no good.

star said...

Here I am. I don't know why I've never commented on your blog since I've been reading it for... a while. Anyway. We're friends now, I guess. But wait, I thought we already were?

Love Disneyland, especially how you captured it. You're good. Real good.

Rachel said...

Magical indeed. It sounds so great. The MMMERP comment made me laugh out loud. I just love your pictures, the colors, the angles, everything about them . . . ESPECIALLY the subject matter. Your family is beautiful in every way.

Jobi Niu said...

I love, love, loved the pictures! How much do I love Disneyland?? How fetching cute are your boys?? WHat a fun lil trip!

Natalie said...

Your pictures are FANTASTIC! I love DL too. We went less than 2 yrs ago and I'm already bugging Ben about when we can go back. Let me know what is up with you!