Thursday, August 5, 2010

dear summer,

We're through. I just can't take you anymore. Sure we've had some good times, like
IMG_8334.jpg
playing basketball,

DSC_2865.jpg
and swimming lessons,

DSC_2873.jpg
DSC_2831.jpg
DSC_2828.jpg
DSC_2822.jpg
and visits with family,

DSC_2799.jpg
DSC_2791.jpg
and baby blessings,

Barley Juice Concert
and concerts in the park to listen to ridiculous "celtic" music all about beer and potatoes and brides,

IMG_8426.jpg
And batman shirts from Grammy,

but seriously, we're done. You are too hot and dull. Please send in your oh-so-attractive friend Fall. He's always been my favorite anyway.

LoveRegards,
Carrie

ps. I like you much better in Michigan. Let's meet there next summer and see if we can rekindle this romance.

13 comments:

Caity said...

I second that PS!

Megan said...

Aaaaaaamen. :) Also, I love that photo of all the boys on your rug. So much BLUE. All I ever see is pink around here so it made me smile. Actually, all of these photos made me smile. I miss you guys!!!

boo face mcjones said...

Cute little vest on roman! Did you make that yourself? And, we are totally soul mates. Fall is my F.A.V.O.R.T.E. I can't can't can't wait.

Carrie said...

I did make it! I'm so proud! It's one of the only knitting projects i feel is heirloom worthy!

Lori T said...

Too bad there is no Fall where I live; we go from crazy hot to windy and cold.

Thanks for visiting my blog; I left you a quick response on my blog and also emailed you. Best of luck!

Rachel said...

What a great batch of pictures. I just love seeing pictures of you guys. It's nice to pictures with you in them too. I am really tired of summer also, and we even have an a/c . . . three cheers for fall!

melissa said...

for once i'm ready for fall before it's ready to come, too. but at least summer gave you all of those nice photos.

Caity said...

You made that vest?!?! Holy stinkin cow Carrie! That is amazing and beautiful!!!

Pam said...

Awwwwww, so wonderful! The really best thing about summer is Lake Michigan!!!!!!!! and even better family and friends visiting and going to Lake Michigan!!!!!!!! It can be oh so too hot and dull besides Lake Michigan!!!!! Ha! Love you miss you!!! (IN Lake Michigan)

melissa said...

you look really good. and i don't just mean post-baby body, i mean your whole countenance looks good. (countenances don't lie.)

Natalie Call said...

I just saw your comment on Made about not having cable. I don't either, so I watch Project Runway on HULU. It takes a couple days for them to post the new episodes, but it's still fine.

Natalie Call said...

I just saw your comment on Made about not having cable. I don't either, so I watch Project Runway on HULU. It takes a couple days for them to post the new episodes, but it's still fine.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.