Tuesday, March 22, 2011

magical kingdom

Ah. Again I have neglected this poor little bloggy. I've found it harder and harder to make time to record my thoughts lately.

We spent a little time in California a few weeks ago... it was so nice to escape winter for a while. Although I should really put winter in quotes, as we live in new mexico and find 40 degrees nearly unbearable, but still. It was 70 and sunny in california and very much appreciated.
DSC_4540.jpg

DSC_4490.jpg
I kind of can't believe how different our trip was this year from last. I really can't even put my finger on what was so different (besides the extra child outside me, instead of inside), but for sure one of the main differences is that we took the kids on Autopia, and then spent many many hours riding the "Topsy Cars" as Banks named them.

DSC_4473.jpg
Also new this year (for us) was the Tower of Terror, which Benson was dragged on 4 times by his parents. He only had one nightmare about it though! On the same night I did!

DSC_4390.jpg
Nothing to say about this one, except I love this picture of Roman.

DSC_4383.jpg
And this picture is to prove that Ben was there!

*post script edit: um, obviously ben was there, he is in the picture above. that's what i get for working in html mode with a tired brain.

9 comments:

Nana said...

Thanks for the pics...they are wonderful!

melissa said...

cutest little family.

but tell me, do kids really love disneyland? and parents? it just doesn't seem all it's cracked up to be with the little uns. (i hope that doesn't put a damper on your vacation, because for the record, your pictures make it look super fun.)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys had fun. I can't wait until we can join you someday!

Carrie said...

Melissa, it's worth is just to see that it's the cleanest place on earth. I've never been to a place that's more meticulously cleaned and manicured. It's inspiring.

But also, the kids love it, and so we love it too. I will never ever understand the people who go there without kids (or with only babies) but when you go with a 4 and 6 year old the magic is just so real for them it's fun to see their faces light up with everything.

On the adult side, it's super good fashion watching. Those japanese people have the coolest fashion. :)

We won't be back for a while though, and instead will do copious amounts of camping this summer.

Pam said...

Oh man, looks like such fun. I should have left winter behind and gone with you. (: Glad you all had fun!!!

melissa said...

i know abby and her family love disneyland too. they always went when we were kids, though, so i wondered if that had an effect now.

Megan said...

Give us a heads up next time and maybe we can all go together! That would be so fun. Also, I am pretty sure you are the most beautiful family alive. The end.

Natalie said...

I LOVE Disneyland! Everytime we go we say "ok we've been enough times, we don't need to go again" and then we plan another trip. Its hard for us to squeeze a year between trips! Looking at October this time....
Glad you had fun!

Colette said...

looks like fun! we're hoping to go soon, it's been awhile since we've been