Tuesday, October 13, 2009

back in webland

Soooo, for my birthday Banks decided to pour water on my macbook. Yaaaaaay! That was yesterday and we tried to blow-dry the poor dear and revive it, but alas, it's dead Jim.

So.

Blogging begins on a new computer, all fresh and new without any of that "other" stuff we had on our last computer. Like videos. And stories that Benson wrote. And other things like that, which we never really liked anyway, right? Thank goodness we had the sense to backup at least our photos on an external so we didn't lose every photo since the beginning of our marriage. Wouldn't that be so sad?! It used to take a fire or a horrible flood or some other catastrophe to erase all of one's family photos and keepsakes, but now all it takes is a tiny little cup of water. How sad!

Anyway I have to work on getting photos on here and downloading new software and other such boring things and then I'll be back, I swear. Don't have too much fun without me.

Kisses.

11 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

Oh my goodness!! GOtta love lil boys huh?? Hope ya had a great birthday!! :]

Stephanie said...

oh that is tragic! i think i'll nag thomas to back everything up now!

Emmy said...

So so sorry! I would cry. We have an external drive to back everything up and a service that backs everything up off site. So we are all set.

melissa said...

holy smokes, worst birthday present. i never even thought about backing our stuff up. jeepers.

on another note (not really better) sorry i can't ever remember which day your birthday is (the 12th or the 13th!) because everytime i think it's one, it's the other. (well, obviously it's always the same but i get confused.) what else did you do to celebrate?

Anonymous said...

Nuts...that is no good. I hope the rest of your Birthday went better!

Carrie said...

Melissa! I'm so glad for the confession! I have a very close friend who's exact date I can't ever remember and I've never dared say anything. haha Then facebook came along, and thank goodness I'll never forget again. But I'm the 13th. :)

Carrie said...

Backwards of Halloween if that helps.

Caity said...

Oh man. That really is so sad! I'm so sorry! I hope your birthday was good other than that.

melissa said...

oh, that does help. backwards of halloween. and i am very glad to hear about your mac attack birthday (very clever).

Stephanie said...

not tmi for sure- every mom has been there and most live to tell the tale! haha

good luck with the diet!

boo face mcjones said...

how sad! i am glad that you are still connected, but i can't imagine losing all of that information! any chance of recovering the hard drive?