Monday, October 19, 2009

still no photos...

But a lovely update for you all. Highlights of last night include:

1. Benson screaming he's going to throw up at the exact moment banks is screaming he has to poop and ben is gone so I'm running around trying to catch all the bodily fluids before I have to clean up two accidents. Awesome.

2. Benson wetting the bed (for the first time in at least a year) (he's sick), changing the sheets at 1:30, getting back in bed, only to have to rinse and repeat on Banks' bed literally 5 minutes later. Awesome.

3. Ben is home from Minnesota! (this one's for reals) He pretty much loved Rochester and Mayo and if he doesn't get in there we will all probably die from sadness. Even though all of our friends are convinced that if we move there we will all die from coldness.

10 comments:

melissa said...

i'm just going to skip straight to #3, because anything i said about 1 or 2 would be purely hypothetical (but very sympathetic).

so, yay! i have to say, you won't die from sadness if it doesn't work out because the only reason it wouldn't would be if something much better turned up. so don't worry there. and you and ben have both dealt with cold before, and though it might give those kids of yours a little shock, it would be fun. (and here's where you ignore all of those horrible things i've said about winter over the last two years.)

Trisha said...

Oh my gosh. Awful. So so so sorry. I hope everyone is better soon. Ben looked so happy yesterday :)

Emmy said...

So sorry!! And of course it all happened on a night that Ben was gone.
I hope he gets in. Though I must admit I would not want to live in Minnesota!

Rachel said...

Oh I'm so not looking forward to #2 myself. One reason Ethan still sleeps in pull-ups, though he wears underwear during the day. I'll have to brave up one of these days.

I so hope Ben gets in! Sending good luck vibes . . .

Alison said...

My boys adore your family (and my husband and I think you all are pretty cool too) so if Ben does get in, I think we will die from sadness! We would be very happy for you though. :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a rough night. sorry you had to go at it alone. Glad to hear that Ben loved it and we are always praying for him to get in!!!!

Stephanie said...

one and to make me want to curl up in a ball and breathe deeply but i appreciate you sharing because it makes me feel less alone! :) and three deserves a big HOORAY and fingers crossed for sure!!!!

boo face mcjones said...

oh, i hate the waiting game (i'm referring to number three, of course. i can certainly wait my turn -- or longer if necessary -- for one and two). you guys will be in our thoughts!

Morgan Lasley said...

Come to Mayo, that's only three hours from here. We would love to have you guys that close.

Caity said...

Wow. That was a rough week for ya! I'm sorry! I'm glad Ben had such a great time at the Mayo. I'm TOTALLY hoping and praying you come! You'd be in a day's drive! WAHOO!