Monday, February 15, 2010

seven

The war would now be over.

We would be just coming back from tibet.

Our bad luck from that broken mirror would end today.

That chapter 13 would finally be gone.

All this if something else had happened 7 years ago today.

But thankfully none of that did, because instead we were busy getting ready to spend the rest of eternity together.

Someday 7 years will seem so few, but today I am amazed. 7 years! And although it's cliche, each one has truly topped the last.

7 things I love about being married to you, love:

You let me warm my freezing feet on your warm legs any time I want to.

I can cry whenever I need and you are always there to tell me things will turn out okay. Even if I cried about that same thing yesterday.

When I make dinner, you do the dishes! (usually)

You never make me feel bad about taking a nap when I have ten thousand other things I should be doing.

You don't get mad that I move your movies down in our Netflix queue so I can move the Coco Chanel movie to the top.

You think I'm awesome because I make hot fudge and bread from scratch.

You are my perfect other half. All that I am not, you are.

Photobucket
xxxxo

12 comments:

laura d said...

awww! Happy Anniversary! Seven years...man. We're at four and a half (almost!). Crazy how times flies. I still remember your wedding day and watching the crazy photographer take that shot. So pretty!

Alison said...

How lucky are you? Jordan will NOT let me warm my freezing feet on his warm legs. And what a cute, cute picture. Cute wedding photography didn't really exist when I got married eight and a half years ago. At least that's what I tell myself to keep me from being bugged by my not cute wedding pictures.

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary! The first time I hung out at Todd's appartment was the day before your wedding. I saw your announcement and thought you were beautiful! You are!

May this year be even better!

And hopefully we'll get to see you guys!!!

melissa said...

i am glad glad you were nearby for this short phase of your life (the engaged/just married in provo phase). i remember watching the photographer take that shot, too! it was fun to watch.

i'm glad you found ben and that i got to know him a little bit, even though that meant you guys had to set me up on a bunch of super cool dates. it was worth it to hang out with you both, and i'm not just saying that.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good job! 7 years! I love your posts by the way... Your so eloquent. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Love and eternal marriage. You two are amazing together. I am so glad that each year gets better and better. You two are the best! Congrats on 7 years and cheers to 7 more, plus a few after that...hehe

Stephanie said...

seven years wow! i have so many friends around me who are suffering from the "seven year itch" they say and it is REFRESHING to have such a admirable example of some love birds who are still nuts about each other. thank you for being a great example to me in so many ways!

Caity said...

That is so sweet! Happy Anniversary (late, sorry)! It's crazy how fast it flies, huh?

Emmy said...

Happy Anniversary!!! 7 years is a big one.

Rachel Elizabeth said...

7 years is quite a long time. Happy anniversary!

Colette said...

What a sweet post. congratulations!

Sophie said...

Congratulations! I love the details in your post, real love :D. Beautiful photo.