Sunday, March 30, 2008

look how far we've come


Banks on his original birthday, a little less than 3 lbs 14 oz



First birthday, in his new forward facing car seat.

I wish I had a picture of Banks in his original "car bed" to compare to this one of him in his big boy car seat. Everyone has told us that this year has gone by so fast. But for me I think of every little milestone and what it has taken to get where we are and I barely remember having a baby that could fit in our hands. Since his original stay in the NICU Banks has grown bigger, and learned so much that he has gone from being not off the charts developmentally to a normal, giggling, shouting little 1 year old. It was hard to get him here, but now that he is, you would never know that he started this life too small to be in a regular car seat. We all love our little Banksy so much and I can't imagine life without him. Happy Birthday little baby. You are a miracle.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, look at him! I forgot that anyone was smaller than Maddie's five little pounds. What an incredible little man he is becoming! We love you Banks!!!

Michelle said...

Wow I had no idea he spent time in the NICU. That must have been really hard. He seems like such a cute little boy and I love the Easter outfits. Even though I am grown up I still want to get a new Easter dress like I did when I was little. I remember your Mom always made you such cute dresses. I would love to learn to sew like her someday.

Caity said...

He is a miracle! What a special kid. He sure won my heart over in Utah, that is for sure! Happy Birthday (well, now this is late)! We love you Banks!

Abby said...

Happy Birthday Banks! What a miracle baby. He looks like such a sweet blessing!

Stephanie said...

how precious and how fun is the forward facing seat!? he is a big boy now and looks like he has tons of personality!