Thursday, March 27, 2008

money shmoney

Today I took Benson out for a mini date to the library and to Walmart for ice cream. While we were deliberating about what kind of ice cream to get I said to him, "I think I want some candy bar ice cream. Does that sound good?" And he said, "No, Mommy, it's too expensive." While this made me giggle quite a bit, I'm a little nervous that I'm ruining the boy. I guess I've said that a lot more than I recall.

Some of my other favorite things about Benson lately are his many opinions. I can put on an outfit now and ask if he likes it and he will give me a definite yes or no, and usually what is good or bad about it. It's so hilarious to hear his thoughts on it! Ha. He also knows exactly what he likes to listen to on the radio. If there is ever a rapish r&b song he says, "I like this one!" and if I try to turn the station he will make me turn it back. Some of his favorites are "the Soldier Boy" song and the "Uh Oh" song (I don't know what they are called). I think I'm going to have to blame this one on Uncle Steve. It must be in his blood.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol that is so much fun. Isn't it great when they get their own little opinion...not as if I know, but it sounds great! hehe...Love you guys!!!

melissa said...

that's funny. i remember knowing things were too expensive when i was that little too, but that would probably make my mom feel bad, too. kids are smart, i guess.

Megan said...

I think it's great that Benson is learning about money! I think more parents should raise their children to be aware of those things. Then he can appreciate it more when you splurge on him and he will grow up to be grateful rather than greedy. Ryen already knows what sale stickers look like and that she's got a much better chance of getting me to cave on those items! They are smart, aren't they?

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY BANKS!!! WE LOVE YOU, SWEETIE!!!

mandakay said...

thats great carrie! kids should be aware of these things. we are working on it with haley because i swear she thinks money grows on trees! ur a good mommy for it