Tuesday, January 20, 2009

explora!



This was benson's favorite part: Building a house on the roof of the museum. Ahhh the weather in New Mexico is something quite wonderful.




We are rediscovering this place we call home. I've been known to complain a little about living here in 'burque, and so on the drive home at Christmas I made a promise to myself that I would try harder to find things I love about living here and make the best of it for whatever time we have remaining. What a difference an attitude makes! My goodness, it's such a simple thing, but my overall happiness has increased dramatically. I can honestly say there are things that are really neat about living here. And the recent discovery of the children's science museum is one of them. It really really made me love science for the day, and Benson was completely enamored by the whole thing. And while Banks loved it too, his parents didn't enjoy him in it quite so much, as it's set up as sort of a maze, and well you can probably fill in the blanks from there. Too many frantic moments for my taste.

Oh, and so sorry about the terrible quality of the photos. Darling Ben had the iso cranked waaaaay up (from the time before) and I think it made the photos noisy. Too bad we didn't notice until we uploaded the photos. Not that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to photography.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that place! It took us three times before we got around to the whole thing - and we never did the building on the roof! I've never seen anyplace more fantastic! I miss not having it available to us. Looks like a great time!

Stephanie said...

That's funny that you should say that since I was looking through these pictures trying to decide what you did to them to make them look so cool! Haha! I really like them. And ditto about attitude- whenever I feel trapped on an island I force myself to post something positive about living here and it makes a huge difference.

laura d said...

Oh I wish I could be there! It looks way fun.

Caity said...

That looks like so much fun! Holy cow! I would go crazy for a place like that here. I think the pictures are really cute!